<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Never Knew I was Living in The World
I've moved to http://tech.shantanugoel.com and http://blog.shantanugoel.com

Finally some relief...

Monday, February 28, 2005
I've moved to http://tech.shantanugoel.com, http://blog.shantanugoel.com and http://www.safercode.com/blog/
Shantanu's Technophilic Musings
Never Knew I Was Living In The World
Programming Safer Code (Secure Coding In C \ C++)

The last couple of weeks went in so much of agony. The agony of being bored to death. Now, I don't have a TV at home. So, my only source of entertainment once I reach my place is my roommates' computer (or Dabba, as we lovingly call it). We squat around it religiously every night as The Show begins. Some times a movie that i downloaded at work and managed to get it written onto a CD but generally it is re-runs and re-reruns and re-re-reruns of "Friends". Don't laugh cuz though we have memorized most of the dialogues by now but they are our only hope and sahara. Then the show is followed by an un-ending loop of songs that are in abundance.

Just when I had started utilizing the "Never Played" section of winamp (How I was horrified to see about 20 GB out of the total 43 GB collection listed there), something happened. We were happily watching "Friends" as usual, Chandler made a PJ, I threw back my head laughing (since my sense of humour is so pathetic that i find pleasure in those PJs), as my head came back forward and my eyes started to open again, I expected to find a bustling "cafe perk" in front of me, but instead I found a pair of eyes staring back at me from a dark background. What was the horrifying part behind this was that those eyes were my own, belonging to a reflection that aws cast in the now-blank screen. Too dumbfounded, I coudn't move for a few seconds. After gathering my senses, opened the CPU cabinet, hoping it was just some lose wire or something. But my heart skipped a beat on seeing the soot covered Power supply. Yeah guys, the power supply was gone.

We mourned the passing of our pyaara dabba into coma for complete two minutes (that is the maximum attention span I can give to anything). And our life has been hell since then...
Neways, thanks for listening to one of the most tragic incidents of my life. But here's the good news...
My roomie's got a new power supply and its gonna be one rolicking night. Hope my landlords aren't feeling too sleepy today cuz they aren't gonna get any......
Dabbe, Rock on....:)
[Listening to: Twisted Metal - Rob Zombie - (3:13)]